Domestic Abuse Counselling Placement
Bromley & Croydon Women’s Aid provides support services to women fleeing domestic abuse. We are expanding our counselling service which provides therapeutic support to individuals impacted by domestic abuse. We are recruiting for qualified and trainee volunteer counsellors to join our growing counselling service. We take registered student counsellors/psychotherapists who are who are working toward qualifying or accreditation and offer placements for face to face counselling work. The placements will start in March 2024.
Our counselling placements are a great opportunity for trainee and qualified counsellors who are passionate about ending violence against women and girls, and who want to work in a supportive therapeutic environment. This is challenging and rewarding trauma-related work that has a significant impact for the communities we support. You will be required to attend regular group supervision and have access to one-to-one support with our Counselling Services Manager.
If you are interested in applying for one of our placements then please apply via our BCWA Website.
- You must be at the very minimum on a level 4 counselling/psychotherapy course and you will already have completed at least one year's training
- BACP, UKCP or equivalent membership
- Experience of one-to-one counselling.
- Some experience and understanding of working with VAWG and domestic violence sector is desirable.
- You will need to have some understanding of trauma and culturally informed working and supporting clients who have experienced gender-based violence.
- Enhanced DBS clearance will be required.
- You will be required to attend 3 days of induction and training. Training dates to be confirmed.
- Two to four hours' time commitment each week; with a minimum of 1 year's commitment to the counselling service.
- You will be counselling 3-4 pre-assessed clients each week, times to be arranged between Monday-Thursday and between 9.00am to 4.00pm, at BCWA locations across Bromley & Croydon boroughs.
If you have any questions about our counselling placements, please contact our Counselling Services Manager via the BCWA website.
Female applicants only. In light of the nature of work, the candidate’s gender is considered to be an occupational requirement in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010.
BCWA is committed to supporting and promoting equality & diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. To achieve this, we seek to employ a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds to better represent the communities we serve.
BCWA are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Reg. Charity No.1068007.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.