Could you use your social media and communications experience to raise the profile of a small national charity? Help us to increase our social media presence and engagement, generate content and also to help promote existing activities.
Our charity delivers a range of awareness campaigns and support services to patients, relatives, partners and carers who have been affected by a poorly understood chronic condition; Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). We are urgently looking for an experienced social media and communications volunteer who is able to develop a social media content strategy, create fresh and engaging content, increase engagement and to increase awareness of the charity and of the condition we represent.
Even though we are a small organisation we have big ideas and would like to draw on your experience in the communications world to help the charity deliver engaging content and communications to help us spread our aims and message to all our audience.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Perform a social media audit: Assess the current state of all our social media channels and make recommendations on how we might improve our presence and engagement and where we might focus our efforts
- Monitor our website and social media activity, provide a monthly evaluation and suggest any new trends or tools to be explored
- Help us develop and execute a social media strategy to help us increase engagement, improve the number of followers/likes, create & execute a content calendar
- Contribute to the insight about the social media channels and how best to utilise them
- Produce fresh and engaging content for our social media channels
- Prepare graphics for sharing across channels
- Engage with our followers and encourage interaction
- Manage and maintain social media channels on a regular basis
- Create branded content and other promotional material
- Support Burning Nights CRPS Support campaigns, marketing, events and fundraising activities and promote them through our social media feeds
- Use your creative skills to devise games, competitions and other strategies to engage, grow, and widen our target audiences
- Develop publicity materials and communication techniques to raise awareness of our chronic condition
You will be working with the charity’s founder and Chair who will provide an overview of our existing social media content, our brand and how we have approached our social media content to date.
We are looking for a volunteer who has experience in:
- Different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media
- Writing and editing marketing content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Building strategies to increase social media following and /or build fundraising or awareness campaigns
- Developing a coherent brand voice for social media, from content creation to community interactions
- Using and setting up tools such as Hootsuite/Buffer, Canva, Tweetdeck etc
- Creating content calendars to help plan social media activity
- Excellent written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative writing and design abilities
- Good computer and digital skills
- Enthusiasm for communications and marketing and willingness to learn
- Ability to quickly understand the needs of our team / organisation / users
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Can ask key questions to enable us to clarify requirements
- Understands the resource constraints of a small charity and is able to work with these
- Open to feedback
- An interest in helping Burning Nights CRPS Support achieve its aims
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work as part of a team
What Difference You Will Make
You will join the charity during a critical and challenging period and your expert knowledge and experience will be invaluable to our success. You will have a key role in ensuring we can maintain our support services and become a sustainable charity to allow us to fulfil our aims.
You would be a part of our small, friendly and forward-thinking charity team, focused on reaching people who may not have heard about the charity or about the condition. You would have a key role in developing a socoal media strategy for a small charity. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to make a real difference to a rare condition.
You will further develop your communication skills, gain PR and marketing experience and develop your social media skills.
This is a remote volunteering role, volunteering from your own home.