CARA (Centre for Action on Rape & Abuse), is a confidential and non-judgemental support service for adults, children and young people who have experienced rape, sexual abuse or assault either recently or in the past, either directly or indirectly. This could have involved a stranger, friend or family member. CARA covers North and Mid Essex, and we offer specialist one-to-one counselling, advocacy and ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor) services for our clients.
We are looking for an Admin Assistant Volunteer to support our Administrator with office tasks.
Location: central Colchester
Hours required: either 1 day or 2 half days per week (pref. Tuesdays and/or Thursdays)
Main tasks: to undertake general admin tasks, including the following:
• Check expenses claims
• List petty cash items and count cash at end of month
• Enter counselling logs on client database
• Ensure sufficient supply of forms for counsellors
• Keep filing up to date
• Monitor existing paperwork and shred where necessary
• Any other ad hoc tasks as required
• Abide by CARA policies and procedures
Appointments are open to women only and are exempt from the Equality Act (2010) under Schedule 9, Part 1.
Further details and application form are on our website.