CARAS runs a women’s drop in every Tuesday and Thursday (10.30 - 1.30), giving refugee and asylum seeking women an opportunity to make new friends in a safe women-only space, engage in positive activities and improve their English – we promote skills and confidence development that support women to gain more power in their lives.
As part of the drop in, we offer a crèche facility to ensure that the women who come can get the most out of the sessions. The crèche is open to children 0 - 3 years old and there are typically around 3 - 4 children at any session.
As a crèche volunteer you need to:
- Have experience working with this age group of children
- Be able to plan and lead suitable activities
- Be reliable and punctual
- Commit to attending the drop-in regularly
Through volunteering with us you will:
- Meet new members of your local community
- Learn about different cultures
- Learn about issues relating to refugee and asylum seekers
- Work as part of a friendly, welcoming team
- develop your skills and competencies
- Be able to access relevant training, including safeguarding
You can apply for one of the 2 above days - either Tuesday or Thursday or both.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.