At Care- Network Cambridgeshire, our mission is to help people stay healthy, independent and to keep in touch with their community. Our volunteers are integral to helping us deliver our services. We are looking for volunteers to share their time and provide us with support so we can continue to enable people to remain independent and maintain social contact with friends and the community.
Role and purpose:
Admin. Our admin volunteers are invaluable and provide administrative support to our Community Navigators.
Flexible (e.g. one full or one half working days a week) depending on volunteer and office needs. Office open 10am to 4pm
Community Navigator Coordinator
Office location (Ely office)
18+ years old, DBS check (previously CRB), willingness to undertake relevant training.
What can the opportunity involve?
- Providing general administrative support to the Community Navigator Coordinators (e.g. filing, updating records)
- Preparing information packs for our volunteers
- Updating information and collating resources e.g. leaflets
- Answering the phone and dealing with routine enquiries about Care Network’s service offer and making phone calls (as instructed by Coordinator)
- Passing referrals or more complex inquiries to an appropriate team member
- Entering project data onto Care Network’s “Charity Log” system
- Providing a point of contact for volunteers and collating information
- Sending out invitations, surveys or promotional materials and collating the results
- Assisting with organising and staging meetings, events and training
What skills or experience are we looking for?
- Good communicator (verbal and written) and confident telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills, being friendly and approachable
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications (e.g. databases)
- Flexibility to the changing requirements of the role
- Commitment to Care Network’s policies surrounding confidentiality and equal
- Flexibility to work as part of a team, take direction and also be able to work independently and proactively
What will I get out of it?
- Supporting Care Network to enable people who are older, isolated or vulnerable in Cambridgeshire to stay healthy, independent and in touch with their family, friends and community
- Gain an insight into Care Network’s work and its role in the charity sector as a whole
- Opportunity to build experience for your CV or contribute existing skills
- Regular and ongoing support from your main contact and office team