Do you enjoy working with people, engaging in conversation and making someone’s day? Can you emphasise with others who may be going through a difficult situation, and go the extra mile for a member of the public? We want to utilise your interpersonal skills in promoting our services and engaging with unpaid carers.
You may deliver information stands in libraries, job fairs, job centres, and hospitals, delivering support groups or greeting and liaising with carers at social events. Another area we may develop are lunch clubs. This may include volunteering to cook for carers.
- Delivering information stands to promote our services, or recruit volunteers in GP practices, hospitals, job centres, libraries and job fairs
- Manning a stall at community events and engaging with members of the public.
- Organising and/or delivering Carers Network’s support groups
- Liaising with our service users at meetings and Carers Forums. The forums provide an opportunity for carers to hear about local issues and to have their say on the things that matter to them
- Organising and/or delivering Men’s Carers Groups
- The role may involve utilising your cooking skills to prepare and serve healthy meals at lunch clubs or social events
- Working closely with our Caseworkers and undertaking extensive community outreach across the London boroughs that we operate to ensure that community venues such as GP surgeries, pharmacies, mosques and libraries have our up to date literature on our support services
- Working closely with our Communications Officer to represent the organisation and interact with carers at carers trips and excursions, such as art galleries, museums, opera and cinemas
- Supporting the Volunteer Development Coordinator in travelling to community venues to build new partnerships
- Prior experience of community outreach desirable, but not essential.
- An ability to work independently, and someone who is willing to travel across London for specific outreach or events
- Being calm and empathetic
- Most significantly we are looking for someone who enjoys engaging with people, rather than academic qualifications
- To work as part of a team and collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator and other departments
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.