A Social Media Volunteer helps to spread the message of Carers UK to those who need us through social media posts created for you.
What will you get out of it?
You will be there to signpost carers through your social media accounts and to reach those who may not realise they’re caring. With a lot of carers turning to online methods of reaching support it’s a chance for you to give back to your online community without leaving the comfort of your sofa. You’ll have the chance to develop your IT and communication skills along the way and to help with developing our social media posts.
- You’ll share a selection of Carers UK graphics, articles and news posts from a specially developed online resource pack you’ll receive via email each month
- You’ll help to signpost carers to Carers UK online
- You’ll feedback about your social media posts and how valuable people have found them
- You’ll help to develop future online content packs for volunteers with your feedback and reporting
The skills you need
- A good knowledge of at least one social media platform
- Access to a computer, tablet, or phone with internet access
- Excellent online communication skills
- A friendly personality
How we will support you
As well as the Carers UK volunteering handbook, you will have regular monthly contact with the volunteer team to provide you with support and guidance throughout.
This role is very flexible. You will be required to share the content sent in the monthly Social Media Volunteer email but when you decide to do this is up to you. We do require all of our volunteers to report once a month on their activity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.