A bit about this role
Across Cats Protection we feed thousands of hungry mouths every day. Our cat food collection volunteers help coordinate the ordering and delivery of food to our fosterers and cat carers. They make sure there are no hungry tummies and provide invaluable support to local teams by being the point of contact in regards to kibbles and meaty meals.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Liaising between volunteer groups, our National Cat Centre and Purina in regards to cat food
- Ordering cat food
- Organising the acceptance, collection and distribution of donated cat food
- Sourcing and collecting food from local donation point
What the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping source and provide food for the cats in our care. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We're looking for someone with
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and record keeping
- Administration skills
- Willingness to lift heavy bags of food
- Access to a car (would be beneficial)
Our cat food collection volunteers usually spend 1 to 2 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide excellent support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers get the most out of their time with Cats Protection.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.