Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs. Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care. We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
A bit about this role
Our volunteer website editors promote the activities of our local volunteer groups and teams by helping keep their websites relevant, up to date and engaging for members of the public. Local websites are one of the places members of the public will look to find out more about Cats Protection. A positive local profile can help raise funds, promote adopting a cat, promote neutering and make sure as many people as possible learn about great cat welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Sourcing news and information for websites
- Communicating with others across Cats Protection
- Sourcing and updating information around rehoming, cat welfare, fundraising and volunteer recruitment
- Regularly updating and posting on your group’s website using the charity’s content management system (CMS)
- Ensuring that content meets with internal and external policies and guidelines
A bit more information about this role and the team
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by making sure your local volunteer group or team’s website is exciting, current and informative. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to communicate well with a range of people
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Editorial and photo editing skills (would be an advantage)