A bit about this role
Our publicity team leaders have the important role of supporting a wider team of publicity volunteers. As a team our publicity volunteers collectively keep members of the public informed of the vital and varied ways we help our feline friends in need. Raising awareness is crucial to us being able to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year that rely on us. A higher profile can help raise funds, raise awareness of adopting a cat, promote neutering and encourage as many people as possible to learn about feline welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Communicating with others including newsletter, social networking and website volunteers
- Advising others on the content of newsletters and web posts
- Interacting with others to make sure information is positive, accurate and consistent
- Liaising with your volunteer group and our National Cat Centre to organise media campaigns
- Responding to local media requests if required
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by supporting other publicity volunteers in their roles and raising awareness of Cats Protection. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to be a part of a team
- The ability to prioritise and delegate
- Good IT skills
- Editorial skills and experience in PR and marketing (would be an advantage)
- Committee volunteers need to be aged 18+
Our publicity team leaders usually spend 3 to 4 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
Support, guidance and keeping you safe
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. We provide support and guidance from our National Cat Centre and through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We offer engaging online and face-to-face training, expenses and have policies and processes to help volunteers get the most out of their time with us.
The wellbeing of our people is important and at Cats Protection we are committed to safeguarding children, adults at risk and all those that we come into contact with as part of our activities.
Thank you for joining us and sharing in this commitment and for everything you will do during your time with Cats Protection.