Slavery Free Croydon Community Champion - MASG Volunteer
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Croydon Community Against Trafficking (CCAT) is a small Croydon-based charity which is committed to the fight against modern slavery and human trafficking. We are currently five trustees, one project manager, and a handful of volunteers.
We are currently establishing a multi-stakeholder project which aims to make the London Borough of Croydon a Slavery Free Borough. This is a significant operation and is currently in the initial stages, having just had the first of many multi-stakeholder meetings.
We are looking for an organised and reliable volunteer to co-ordinate the smooth running and information sharing of the Multi-Agency Steering Group (MASG).
What you will gain as a volunteer:
• Being part of a dedicated volunteer-led team instrumental in effecting change within Croydon
• Valuable experience by helping establish a Slavery Free Croydon
• Giving back to your community and making a difference
• Playing an important role in helping those who cannot speak for themselves
• Being part of projects where your ideas and contributions are valued
What your volunteering entails:
• Being great at administration or secretarial work, you’ll be the first point of contact and coordinating MASG meetings ensuring the smooth running in all areas
• Taking notes, typing and sharing information, troubleshooting
• Coordinating of reports, website updates, sharing Awareness Pack materials etc.
• Being great at Communications and making a brilliant service experience
• Sharing the work of CCAT’s Slavery Free Croydon project and raising awareness of Modern Slavery and Anti-trafficking in Croydon even further
• Referring complex issues to Trustees
• General admin support as needed
Your personal skills, experience and attributes include:
• Be able to use MS Office efficiently and able to work online
• Organised, focused and pays attention to details
• Able to work to tight deadlines and can prioritise well
• Able to guide MASG members and upskill current volunteers
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent minute/note-taking skills
• Reliable, enthusiastic and a great team player
• Friendly, dedicated and who can commit to set meetings throughout the year alongside being flexible
• Desirable (but not essential): Experience either working in, or studying Criminal / Social Justice and related fields especially knowledge in areas of Anti-Trafficking, Modern Day Slavery and Exploitation