Wrexham Tennis Centre: Promoting healthy recreation and physical education in the North wales area.
Wrexham Tennis Centre is one of the premier tennis facilities in Wales; offering a range of programmes and opportunities to members of the local community to play tennis and live a healthy lifestyle.
We are seeking a new Chair for our Board of Trustees, to take us through a transformational period of re-organisation, which will deliver a resilient and efficient centre for the future.
As a motivated and committed leader, the successful candidate will have previous experience of enhancing and strengthening charitable organisations through well-balanced and sustainable income generation. You will join our strong Board of Trustees as we embark on the challenge of reshaping the centre for the future. You will work closely with the Board and the staff to expand skills and build knowledge as we take the centre through the next planning cycle and beyond.
About the organisation
Wrexham Tennis Centre is one of the top indoor and outdoor tennis facilities in Wales.
Located just outside Wrexham Town Centre and easily accessible from the busy A483, the centre boasts 7 indoor courts, 12 outdoor courts, and also hosts a physiotherapy clinic, a gym and a number of meeting rooms.
The centre requires no membership for people to play tennis, and offers a range of services including coaching for tots to teens and to all standard of adults from beginners to experts, plus pay-as-you-go social sessions and kids holiday camps.
As a registered charity (1144460) and company limited by guarantee (02463826), we are looking for a committed individual to expand the existing range of Trustee skills. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual, with demonstrable Trustee experience, who can help us achieve the Centre’s objectives.
Trustees are expected to contribute actively to the Board by:
- Providing strategic direction
- Setting policies and evaluating performance
- Ensuring effective and efficient administration and financial stability
Trustees are expected to:
- Attend regular board meetings
- Play a positive role in support work, including some involvement in leading or supporting fixed term projects
- Work closely with employed staff to ensure the effective management of the centre
- Contribute advice and support on an ad hoc basis
- Provide fiscal oversight
- Act as ambassadors for the centre, and for the game of tennis
- Perform all statutory duties, required of Trustees
We exist as a place where people can discover and enjoy the benefits of tennis.
We endeavor to:
- Promote community participation in healthy recreation; by providing facilities for the playing of tennis
- Advance the physical education of young people; by providing facilities for the playing of tennis
We seek to achieve our objectives through the provision of facilities as well as a range of programmes including social tennis activities and structured coaching.
The successful candidate
Following a recent skills audit we are looking for someone with considerable leadership experience who can lead the Centre through a period of reorganization.
An interest in tennis (or sport more generally) would be advantageous, but is not required.
Specific skills required include:
- Experience of leading a board of trustees
- An understanding of charity regulation
- An understanding of, and experience of driving income generation
Further information and how to apply
Closing date: 30th November 2017. Please note applications received after the closing date me be considered if we have any further places available. The Board reserves the right to appoint personnel before the closing date has passed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.