Spire Preston are looking for New Charity Trustees to help us improve and grow our support to people with a learning disability in the Preston area
We are looking for people with general life experience, and a commitment to our purpose values and vision, and in particular the equal rights of people with a learning disability. We are also looking for people with specific skills in finance and business planning.
Training to people new to charity governance will be provided.
Working together to share our values, knowledge and expertise to provide an individualised and creative service for adults who have a learning disability. We focus on continually building skills and independence from strengths, gifts and talents.
Spire’s vision is for local people who have a learning disability to be empowered to live the life they choose and achieve their goals and dreams.
- Dedicated individualised high quality support
- Enthusiastic and motivated with positive attitudes
- Promoting people’s strengths and creativity
- Always ready and willing to listen and learn
- Demonstrating respect for everyone
- We will never compromise our integrity.
Becoming a Trustee provides
- A sense chance to help people change their lives for the better
- opportunities to enhance your professional development
- New transferable skills
The minimum time commitment is to a Trustee Board meeting once every 6 weeks lasting about 2 hours, and to reading the papers associated with this beforehand. Above that you can put in as much or as little other time as suits you
The client is happy to conduct telephone interviews for overseas candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.