Volunteer Grant Writer x 2 (Remote)
Expenses: This is an unpaid position, but we do reimburse reasonable out-of-pocket expenses such as travel and lunch in line with Cheka Sana Foundation's expenses policy.
Interviews are scheduled as the applications come in. So apply now!
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer grant writer to join the Cheka Sana foundation. Reporting to the Head of Partnerships and Philanthropy, you will take ownership of finding grant funding opportunities to drive the funding of our current and future projects.
The right candidate will be responsible for preparing proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals. The grant writer will also identify and clarify opportunities and needs, study requests for proposals (RFPs), and attend strategy meetings.
- Research and identify grant funding opportunities
- Write, submit and manage grant applications
- Prepare supporting documents such as budgets and reports
- Maintain a database of grant-making organisations
- Build long-lasting relationships with existing and potential grant funding sources
- Knowledge of grant application process, fundraising resources, and best practices
- At least a year of relevant experience
- Available to volunteer at least 7-10 hours a week
What we offer you:
- Free professional learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to build your work experience within the field of grant writing
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- We will provide work reference for you
Learning & Development:
To enable you to take part in this opportunity, the Cheka Sana Foundation will provide:
- A detailed induction to provide you with an overview of Cheka Sana Foundation
- Training and shadowing providing all the information and skills needed to fulfil the role
- A dedicated member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
- Payment of "out of pocket" expenses in line with Cheka Sana Foundation's expenses policy
- A volunteer handbook that outlines all of the policies and procedures you will need to be aware of whilst volunteering
Get in touch
- We look forward to receiving your application