Cheltenham Housing Aid Centre is a small independent charity that provides free advice and information to help vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community resolve housing issues and thereby improve their quality of life.
We are looking forward to welcoming a new Trustee to our Board to help strengthen our decision making and advise us on our service delivery and compliance policies.
Focus of the role
- The Trustee will lead the Board in overseeing our service delivery arrangements and by doing so ensure that CHAC are compliant with health and safety, data protection and safeguarding requirements.
- Oversee the contracts with funders to ensure they are delivered and scrutinise processes in place to continue delivering our services to users.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the charity’s objects, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Proven experience in compliance and/or service delivery.
- Ability to scrutinise processes and suggest improvements.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to the charity’s objects and aims.
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
What difference will you make?
We have exciting plans for the future and your expertise will help us realise them and ensure that we are delivering the best service possible to our users.
Board meets every other month at 6.15pm for about an hour. Occasional availability to speak to staff on the telephone and to attend strategy setting and training days is useful.
In order to apply, please submit your CV and a short covering letter stating why you wish to join the organisation and what skills and experience you will bring to the Board.
Applications should be made via TrusteeWorks in the first instance.