Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Choice International is a non-profit organisation promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the UK and overseas. It researches, develops and implements development projects for disabled people and other disadvantaged people in the UK and overseas.
We are seeking a Fundraising Volunteer to support with writing funding proposals, completing funding applications to trusts and foundations as well as contacting corporates for sponsorship for events and one-off projects. You will work form our office based in East London to support with raising funds for our events and organisation in the long term.
Your Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with researching and approaching corporate entities, national and international, for event sponsorships, partnerships, Charity of the Year partnerships, and donations from corporate foundations
- Assisting with writing and delivering compelling presentations and proposals for funding to trusts, foundations and other institutes
- Writing emails and speaking with potential partners over the phone about the work of Choice with the aim of securing funds for the organisation.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A good level of written and oral communication
- Experience of writing funding proposals and working in fundraising would be an advantage
- Knowledge of corporate fundraising techniques including Charity of the Year, sponsorship, donations, marketing would be an advantage
- An ability to present and engage potential partners/sponsors in a compelling way
We are seeking a motivated and talented volunteer to support us in this role.
Working in a small team, you will be supporting Choice Directors, and will have responsibility for corporate, major donor and other fundraising. You will get involved with some of the largest grant funders in the UK, including the Big Lottery, Comic Relief, London Council and others.
The ideal candidate must have good written communication skills, with experience of writing funding proposals, as well as being motivated to develop a career in fundraising for a good cause.
Further, you should be able to work under your own initiative. We provide a wide array of training, development and guidance for our volunteers. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to support development projects to improve the quality of life of marginalised people.If you are passionate about equality, diversity and international development and keen to gain valuable, hands-on experience, then we would like to hear from you.Please note that this is a voluntary, unpaid position, with a possibility of contributing to the cost of travel from your home to our office.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants, hence only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.