This is an exciting opportunity to have a role as a Trustee member with Citizens Advice Knowsley. Citizens Advice Knowsley is part of Citizens Advice, a national advice service which has been running since 1939.
Becoming a trustee you will gain great Satisfaction, as you would be helping to deliver a vital local service that, along with other local Citizens Advice, helps millions of people every year to find a way forward.
Each individual member of the trustee board has a responsibility to contribute to the discharging of the board's duties. They can do this by:
- maintaining an awareness of the business of the local Citizens Advice
- taking responsibility for their own learning and development
- regularly attending, preparing for and taking a full part in meetings
- actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- monitoring whether the service complies with its governing document, whether it meets Citizens Advice standards and how well the advice needs of the local community are being met
- monitoring the financial position and ensuring that the local Citizens Advice operates within its means and objects, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to-day financial management
- supporting the development of the local Citizens Advice through participation in agreed projects
- actively seeking to further the strategic objectives of the local Citizens Advice, and acting in its best interests at all times
- maintaining confidentiality about any sensitive or confidential information received in the course of duties as a trustee
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.