Are you interested in helping out in the local community?
Would you like to learn new skills to help you return to work?
Do you want to gain experience working in a fast-paced office environment working with a diverse group of people?
Citizens Advice Westminster was one of the very first bureau founded in 1939. We provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice and information to residents of Westminster. Which is only possible with the help of our talented and passionate volunteers. Citizens Advice Westminster was voted ‘Charity of the Year’ in 2015 by Charity Times. Citizens Advice Westminster provides a safe and supportive environment where volunteers can learn and develop new skills and knowledge.
We offer a range of volunteering opportunities and roles for people with the relevant skills and availability:
- Gateway Assessor – Delivering triage service to our clients with the opportunity to progress into Adviser Roles.
- Information/Administration Assistant – Client facing role. Duties include reception and administrative duties.
- Policy and Campaigns Assistant - Collate data from advisers on issues which adversely affect our clients, looking at social policies and assisting in campaigns.
- Corporate Engagement Fundraiser – Experienced fundraiser to Improve the organisation’s relationship with stakeholders and the local community for the purposes of boosting our profile and raising funds.
- IT Support Volunteer - Supporting front-line team with all ICT and troubleshooting. Data analysis of service and performance stats, detecting trends and other reporting functions.
- Digital Money Coach – Coaching a variety of community groups and individuals on a one to one basis on IT and digital skills and helping clients complete forms both online and paper.
- Financial Capability Trainer - Developing and delivering financial education to a variety of community groups and individuals on a one to one basis.
- Form Filling Assistant - Assist clients in completing forms to enable them to access money or services to which they are entitled.
No experience required in all roles (except Corporate Engagement Fundraiser role) as full training will be provided. We ask candidates for a commitment of at least 1-2 days per week with a minimum commitment of 9-12 months. Candidates would be asked to sit aptitude test as part of the recruitment process.
What you’ll get out of volunteering:
- Induction and full training will equip you with the tools required to carry out the tasks involved in confidently
- Opportunities to study towards recognised qualifications
- Become part of a friendly community and opportunities to operate with people with diverse set of skills and knowledge.
- Enhance communication, administrative, presentation and IT skills
- Enrolment on local time credits scheme
- Free fully funded Level 2 course and qualifications in over 40 subject areas
- Travel expenses paid for Zones 1-3
If you are interested in joining us as a Volunteer, please complete and return the Application Form below to us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.