Do you have financial skills and enthusiasm to help a charity that is supporting local people to overcome their problems, and speaking up for those who are treated unjustly?
We are looking for a new Honorary Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees and help us achieve our mission. We expect that the successful candidate will be someone with knowledge and experience of organisational finances, who can explain complex finance information in an accessible way. Ideally they might also have some experience of charities, but that is not essential.
Key Responsibilities of the Treasurer
● explain, guide and advise the Board on the key assumptions and financial implications of the CAWB budgets, operational and strategic plans
● ensure that CAWB has an appropriate reserves policy and a realistic budget that meets the services’ needs
● Explain, guide and advise the Board on the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements with the organisation’s framework
● keep the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
● monitor the organisation’s income and expenditure position and present accessible reports at least quarterly to ensure board members understand the accounts and implications
What’s in it for you?
● make a positive impact for people in your local area by ensuring CAWB is sustainable and meeting the needs of our communities
● meet people and develop relationships with trustees, staff and other volunteers
● build on your governance, leadership and strategic skills
increase your employability
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.