Counsellor Volunteer - Amy's Place (female only recovery housing)
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Amy’s Place is a partnership between the Amy Winehouse Foundation and Clarion Housing, providing supported living accommodation for young women in recovery and receiving support with drug, alcohol issues and eating disorders.
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable and compassionate volunteer with good interpersonal skills and a desire to help others. The volunteer needs to hold a professional level diploma in counselling and have completed at least 75 hours of supervised counselling sessions.
To provide emotional and therapeutic support to young women (18 to 30 years). Counselling will aim to support the individual to improve self-confidence, identify and resolve negative thought processes, implement constructive coping strategies and empower them to fulfil attainable life goals.
-To develop and promote a positive relationship with the young women within allocated caseload.
- To keep up to date with development in the field of counselling.
- To manage appropriate professional boundaries in the relationship.
- Maintain records for monitoring, evaluation and tracking purposes plus service evaluation.
- Volunteers need to provide their own clinical supervisor
- Be part of any relevant staff team training days
- To take responsibility for own professional development.
-Hold professional level diploma in counselling
-This opportunity is open for a work placement as well. Trainees must have completed at least 75 hours of supervised counselling sessions
- Have a minimum of 75 hours face to face client work
- Hold professional membership with BASP, UKCP or equivalent
- Have a regular supervision with qualified supervisor as we are not able to provide in house supervision.
- Additional experience working with vulnerable adults would also be desired.
-Volunteers receive a thorough induction and have access to any relevant in-house and external training
-Volunteers have a named supervisor providing day-to-day support and encouragement, not clinical supervision
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed
Commitment can be flexible to suit your availability, from about 2-3 hours per week. Ideally this volunteer will commit to a minimum of 3 months.