Amy’s Place is a partnership between the Amy Winehouse Foundation and Clarion Housing, providing supported living accommodation for young women in recovery and receiving support with drug, alcohol issues and eating disorders
As a counselor volunteer you wiil provide emotional and therapeutic support to young women (18 to 30 years). Counselling will aim to support the individual to improve self-confidence, identify and resolve negative thought processes, implement constructive coping strategies and empower them to fulfil attainable life goals.
- To develop and promote a positive relationship with the young women within allocated caseload.
- To keep up to date with development in the field of counselling.
- To manage appropriate professional boundaries in the relationship.
- Maintain records for monitoring, evaluation and tracking purposes plus service evaluation.
- Volunteers need to provide their own clinical supervisor
- Be part of any relevant staff team training days
- To take responsibility for own professional development.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified or working towards a qualification in counselling or Psychotherapy.
Registered members of BACP/UKCP are desirable
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.