Drum Teacher Volunteer - Amy's Place
Amy’s Place is a partnership between the Amy Winehouse Foundation and Clarion Housing, providing supported living accommodation for young women aged 18-30 in recovery from drugs, alcohol and other addictive behaviors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and compassionate volunteer with good interpersonal skills and a desire to teach drums, who will support young women to develop their drumming skills and positively encourage their creative expression.
- Providing drum lessons to residents, as well as supporting their individual musical goals
- Developing and delivering individual session plans and documented session outcomes in order to assist each resident’s personal growth
This is a flexible opportunity and volunteering times and frequency will vary depending on the volunteer’s availability and the needs of the residents. We recommend weekly or bi-weekly one-to-one sessions for a minimum of 3 months.
- Volunteers receive a thorough induction and have access to any relevant in-house and external training
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed
- The role is based at the service in East London. The exact address cannot be given until the volunteer starts due to safety and privacy reasons.