Eating Disorder Therapy Volunteer - Amy's Place
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Amy’s Place is a partnership between the Amy Winehouse Foundation and Clarion Housing, providing supported living accommodation for young women aged 18-30 in recovery from drugs, alcohol and other addictive behaviors.
An enthusiastic, reliable and compassionate volunteer with good interpersonal skills and a desire to help others. The volunteer needs to hold a professional level diploma in counselling and have training and experience working with individuals with eating disorders.
- To provide therapeutic support to young women (aged 18-30) with eating disorders
- One-to-One counselling sessions will aim to support the individual to improve self-confidence, identify and resolve negative thought processes, implement constructive coping strategies and empower them to fulfil attainable life goals
- To develop and promote a positive relationship with the women within allocated caseload
- To keep up-to-date with development in the field of counselling and eating disorder therapy
- To manage appropriate professional boundaries in the relationship
- To maintain records for monitoring, evaluation and tracking purposes plus service evaluation
- To take responsibility for own professional development
- Hold a professional level diploma in counselling
- Hold professional membership with BACP, UKCP or equivalent
- Have own regular supervision with a qualified supervisor
- Fully trained in eating disorder therapy and previous experience supporting individuals with eating disorders
- This role requires us to carry out a check through the Disclosure and Barring Service for the Enhanced DBS
This is a flexible opportunity and volunteering times and frequency will vary depending on the volunteer’s availability and the needs of the residents. Ideally weekly one-to-one sessions for a minimum of 3 months.
- Volunteers receive a thorough induction and have access to any relevant in-house and external training
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed
- The role is based at the service in East London. The exact address cannot be given until the volunteer starts due to safety and privacy reasons.