Nutrition Volunteer - Amy's Place
Amy’s Place is a partnership between the Amy Winehouse Foundation and Clarion Housing, providing supported living accommodation for young women aged 18-30 in recovery from drugs, alcohol and other addictive behaviors.
An enthusiastic, reliable and compassionate volunteer with good interpersonal skills and a desire to help others. The volunteer must be a fully qualified Dietitian or Nutritional Therapist and have training and/or experience working with individuals with eating disorders.
- Supporting the nutritional needs of young women with health issues on a limited budget.
- Providing support with meal planning, cooking skills, food safety, and day-to-day problem solving around food and eating.
- Providing wisdom and accurate nutrition education around healthy eating for the individual.
- Must be a fully qualified Dietitian or Nutritional Therapist.
- As many of the residents have eating disorders it is essential for the volunteer to have training and/or clinical experience working with individuals with eating disorders.
- Must have professional liability insurance and be a member of a professional body ie. HCPC, BANT
- This role requires us to carry out a check through the Disclosure and Barring Service for the Enhanced DBS
This is a flexible opportunity and volunteering times and frequency will vary depending on the volunteer’s availability and the needs of the residents. We recommend weekly one-to-one sessions for a minimum of 3 months.
- Volunteers receive a thorough induction and have access to any relevant in-house and external training
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed
- The role is based at the service in East London. The exact address cannot be given until the volunteer starts due to safety and privacy reasons.