A chance to work with a dynamic local charity, to help us support more children, their families and schools. Clear Sky Children's Charity has big plans and we are looking for a flexible and enthusiastic volunteer to support our fundraising to help us achieve them. The role is varied and can be shaped to suit your skills and interests, from helping with mailings, thanking donors, collecting cheques and representing Clear Sky at events, to running our collection box scheme and giving talks, we're keen to hear from you about how you'd like to help us.
Salary: N/A Voluntary Position (out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed)
Terms: 7-15 hours per week by agreement (we can be flexible to suit your requirements) with occasional weekends or evenings
Reporting to/supported by: Head of Fundraising
Based at: Clear Sky Tower, The Manor House, Little Wittenham, OX14 4RA
Main Job Purpose: To support the administration of fundraising and marketing events and initiatives. Your support will help us raise our profile and raise valuable funds which will enable us to support more children, their families and their schools.
Clear Sky is a charity established to support children and young people who have experienced trauma and difficult life circumstances through specialist Play and Creative Arts Therapy services. We want all children to be happy, love life and enjoy school.
Key Roles and Responsibilities – These activities are indicative of the role we can offer and we will be pleased to tailor activities to your interests, needs and skills.
- Office Administration
- Record fundraising donations and send thank you letters and acknowledgements to supporters
- Support fundraising mailings to community groups, companies and grant-making trusts
- Research fundraising opportunities in the local community as directed by the Head of Fundraising
- Oversee our collection box scheme, including maintaining accurate records about box location, collecting and analysing box income and making recommendations about positions
- Organise our annual Christmas raffle, including researching and approaching local businesses to source prizes
- Research and apply for local supermarket initiatives
- Support the administration and organisation of fundraising events
- Assist Clear Sky at public-facing events, including staffing stalls, providing refreshments, talking about our work, running raffles and sales
- Participate in a programme of talks and cheque collections at local community group meetings
Relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Administrative experience is essential
- An ability to communicate with a wide variety of different audiences
- Self-motivation and a proactive, organised attitude towards tasks are essential for this role.
- Confident and polite telephone manner.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills and the ability to explain information clearly to a wide variety of recipients is essential.
- This post requires good operating knowledge of Microsoft Windows package including, Word and Excel, as well as use of the internet and email, with experience of working in an office environment and an ability to plan and prioritise one’s own work.
- Ability to travel, with access to own transport.
You'll be part of a small and friendly team, based at Clear Sky Tower in beautiful Little Wittenham and our Head of Fundraising will be on hand to provide training and support so you can really make the role your own.