Fundraising & Communications Intern
FUNDRAISING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Peacebuilding NGO seeks internship candidates to become actively involved in fundraising and communications for their programmes, providing meaningful assistance to the organisation as it carries out its mission.
Concordis International works impartially alongside those involved in or affected by armed conflict, so that through dialogue they may build relationships of mutual trust and together develop and implement policies that improve human security and lay firm foundations for lasting peace.
The principal areas of work in which interns are involved are communications and fundraising.
Duration: 6 months, minimum 3 days per week.
Closing date: As soon as we find the right people
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Fundraising & Communications Officer
Your internship with Concordis will be divided between fundraising and communications.
- Work closely with the Fundraising & Communications Manager, other Fundraising & Communications interns, Director of Programmes and the Programme Teams to produce communications materials for social media, our website, newsletters and others
- Help develop and implement the communications strategy
- Monitor social media platforms and our website
- Edit and design reports and publications
- Liaise with our teams in each country to gather information, stories and materials for communications
- Work closely with the Fundraising & Communications Manager to maintain and develop our fundraising database
- Help develop and implement the fundraising strategy
- Help develop and manage any fundraising campaigns
The internships are designed to give you concrete experience in communications and fundraising within the international development sector. The role is varied and will require you to work with our small UK team and with other interns.
Interns serve on a voluntary basis; there is no salary or stipend, but Concordis will reimburse reasonable expenses including a small daily lunch allowance.
Interns do not follow a formal training programme, but Concordis will seek to provide experience tailored to the skills, needs and aspirations of individual interns within the range of activities outlined above. You’ll be joining us at a time when our fundraising and communications activities are growing, so you’ll get great exposure to strategies, planning, designing and working to tight deadlines.
- Send a CV and covering letter to the email address specified In your covering letter, please explain:
- Why you would like to work with Concordis International;
- How your skills and experience will be of assistance during the internship;
- Your proficiency in French, Arabic and any other languages;
- Please ensure that you state your experience of Mailchimp, social media, website development etc;
- How you hope to see your career develop in the future;
- When you will be available to start the internship and your availability full or part time;
- If you are shortlisted, you will complete a short task to demonstrate your skills
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.