Connection Support has a range of services providing support to people at risk of homelessness or on the edge of needing social care. We work with people made vulnerable through debt, mental health issues, substance misuse, learning disability, and physical disabilities.
Volunteers play a key role in the provision of vital services to our clients.
Are you a reliable handyperson who can undertake, upkeep, and repair a range of tasks for our housing support clients?
- Do you have 1-2 hours a week to make basic home improvements to client’s accommodation?
- Are you a dab hand at DIY and want to put your handyperson skills to good use?
- Do you have an interest in motivating people to make positive changes in their lives through acquiring new skills?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to these questions, then we would love to hear from you!
Your role will include carrying out basic household repairs and alterations such as:
- Gardening work
- Flat pack furniture assembly
- Putting up curtain rails/blinds
- Hanging pictures and shelves
No volunteering experience is required however the below skills are essential:
- Practical skills in DIY and/or gardening
- Good listening and communication skills
- Excellent people skills to enable you to work with a range of individuals with complex backgrounds
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Respect confidentiality
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients in a non-patronising way