Prevent isolation in your community become a befriender
We all need a helping hand or listening ear – sometimes more so due to health, isolation or recovery following an operation. Connection Support is a local charity and we are looking for volunteer befrienders to support Prevention Matters clients to build a more fulfilling life in Buckinghamshire.
Prevention Matters help adults regain confidence, maintain independence and help them get out and about. The Community Support Workers support clients by finding help, signposting to other services, connect with others in the local community and provide encouragement to get involved in social events.
How you can make a difference to people’s lives as a Prevention Matters volunteer
- Increase or maintain social links such as attend local events, transport to coffee mornings
- Accompany clients on GP or hospital appointments
- Teach clients new digital skills such as email, Skype or how to search the web.
- Practical support in the garden or a spot of DIY in their home
- Assistance with hoarding disorder
- Support to a carer who is feeling isolated.
At Connection Support we feel that nobody can do everything but everyone can do something so volunteering is flexible to suit you.
For a chat about becoming a volunteer befriender with Connection Support please contact us via email or phone.