We are looking for a friendly and organised individual to coordinate the smooth running of a local social group that supports older people living in Dartford.
As Group Coordinator you will be the main point of contact for the older guests and volunteers within the group and are responsible for the organisation of the monthly outings. We would love to hear from you if you would like to make a real difference to the lives of older isolated people in your area.
Note: all successful applicants will be asked to provide two references and will also be DBS checked.
- Liaising with volunteers over phone/email to ensure the older guests in the group are picked up on time for the monthly outing.
- Confirming the location of the monthly gatherings with local volunteer hosts
- Attending the monthly gatherings and driving older guests if required
- Being the main point of contact between your group and Contact the Elderly national office and Regional contact.
- A full drivers licence
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Able to commit to a minimum of 5 hours a month to organise and attend the gathering
- An understanding and empathy of the issues older people may face
Why volunteer with us?
People volunteer with Contact the Elderly for different reasons. You might have experienced feelings of loneliness yourself or know an older person who has done so, you may want to develop new skills or maybe you just want to make some new friends.
Whatever your reason, we want to make sure that all our volunteers are fully equipped to support the 6,223 older people that attend our monthly gatherings across the United Kingdom.
By volunteering with us you will have:
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of older, isolated people in your local community
- Induction and training from your local member of staff
- Email/Telephone support from a staff member throughout your volunteering journey
- The chance to make new friends and feel connected with your local community