We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced, and committed individual to join our Board of Trustees in the capacity of Treasurer.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to help us have an impact on reducing food-poverty and boosting shared prosperity through community garden initiatives within Aberdeen; helping both the community and environment.
The role is a voluntary position and includes five face-to-face meetings per year and conference calls to approve our outreach programmes, budgets and policies. Outside of Board meetings all trustees will have an area of work to lead on.
- Monitoring our financial position and reporting to the Board
- In conjunction with the Executive Chairman monitor cash-flow forecasting, income streams, outgoing expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources
- In conjunction with the Executive Chairman seek-out and write funding applications and oversee appropriate expenditure of such
- Act as a signatory on the organisations bank account
- Work experience in the field of finance; a financial qualification (or equivalent) is desirable
- An understanding of budgets and of management and statutory accounts
- A knowledge of charity-specific financial matters such as restricted funding - or the ability and willingness to learn about such matters
- Experience of grant funding and/or community fundraising desirable
- Experience of making decisions collectively on boards, committees or other types of working groups
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for the work of Cultivate Aberdeen
Deadline: Monday 14th December 2020