Culture Healing Communities is a newly formed organisation registered as a social enterprise dedicated to helping people in our communities who are victims of social exclusion in its many forms, for which we have developed a novel approach. It is our mission to make social connections and to create projects enabling them to live fuller, happier lives and improve their wellbeing, whatever their age, circumstances or background.
We are looking for an experienced trustee to join our board, someone that lives in County Durham, with a knowledge of its communities and a passion to help them.
You’ll contribute between 1 and 2 days a month to supporting the work of the organisation and come to a monthly evening meeting in Durham. Duration: 3 Year term, potential to extend by 3 years.
Applications are initially by expression of interest and we welcome applications from sectors related to the following areas:
• Understanding and active use of digital media
• Experience of marketing and promotion of an organisation
• Legal expertise
• Financial expertise
Additionally, our Trustees must:
• Share the commitment and values of our social enterprise
• Be able to create strong working relationships.
• Communicate clearly and concisely; being prepared to listen to others and recognise different viewpoints
• Be committed to helping create a diverse and inclusive social enterprise, demonstrating an accepting and positive regard for others
• Empathy with the individuals we support - experience of disability would be an advantage
We welcome expressions of interest in the form of a one A4 page outline of why you want to join us and the skills and experience which you would bring to the board. Expression of interest should be sent to sandraindurham outlook com
The Trustee roles are voluntary and unremunerated, with a duration of a 3 Year term, with potential to be extend. There is an expectation that Trustees will also contribute and play an active role in projects, and other relevant events where they will act as ambassadors of this social enterprise.