Make a difference today!
Help our members keep active
Many of our members don’t have the confidence to leave the house alone but would love the opportunity to stretch their legs. Due to their sight and hearing loss they can find it hard to keep themselves active.
We are looking for fit, active volunteers who can help our members get out locally, offering them the support of interesting walking routes and give them the confidence they need to get outside.
It’s amazing what a bit of fresh air and a change of scenery can do!
Who we’re looking for?
We are looking for individuals who share our same care values and those who are:
- Patient and friendly volunteers to help our members remain a part of society and greatly benefit the quality of their lives.
- Good conversationalists and natural talker to engage with our members and relieve their loneliness.
- Engaging individuals who are able to take part in fun activities to improve our members quality of life and fitness.
- Willing to learn more about Deafblindness and guiding/communication techniques (full training is provided)
- Able to commit to regular walks or meetings
Do you need experience?
No ….Simply a kind heart and some spare time. We match volunteers to our members based on shared interests to ensure a great foundation for a strong lasting companionship. You will need to be physically fit and able to walk distance.
Does this sound like you? Yes …..well walk this way
Its quick and easy to apply, simply click on the ‘Apply’ button and complete the short application form and we will be back in contact to discuss further.