We are looking for people with a good understanding of how to use computer to give peer support to people who are new to computers. You will help them to do things like:
- Teaching someone to use Google
- Helping someone set up an email account
- Showing someone how to use resident services online
- Explaining how easy shopping and banking online can be
- Setting someone up on Skype
- Helping someone research their family history or other hobby online.
You need a good level of basic computer skills, but you don't have to be an IT genius. Much more important is having enthusiasm and patience to spend some time helping others to get online.
In return you’ll get:
- The opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge about digital technology
- Free accredited online training so you know better how to work with others and what sort of things you could teach them
- The chance to part of a community of Champions who can help each other and share ideas
- Ongoing support from a dedicated mentor
- Rewards and awards! You’ll receive a Certificate and an online Open Badge for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done.
- A free DBS check and payment for travel expenses
- Immense satisfaction that you’ve made a difference to someone else
You will be based at the Peterborough Clarion Job Club, PE1 1DA and need to be available on a Monday 10-12 or 12-2.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.