Are you looking to develop your skills in marketing and communications?
Do you have your finger on the pulse when it comes to knowing what's going on in your local area?
We're looking for a social media savvy volunteer to help us be more connected with local events and activities for the people we support to get involved in!
Activities will include:
- Posting and engaging regularly with members of the Dimensions South Yorkshire Facebook group.
- Researching and sharing suitable learning disability and autism friendly events/activities in South Yorkshire.
- Networking and building relationships with relevant existing community social media groups.
- Volunteering alongside the Volunteering Officer and Marketing team on these activities.
The role can be based at home or at our Sheffield office.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable with using social media and has good IT and communication skills
- Friendly and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Willing to commit to volunteer on a regular basis - ideally a few hours a week
Two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help people to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.