Do you enjoy growing your own fruit and veg?
Can you lend your skills to help the people we support to create a kitchen garden they’ll enjoy?
Activities will include:
- Getting to know the people we support and finding out their ideas for the garden
- Sharing your gardening know-how and helping to purchase plants, fruit and vegetables
- Trips to garden centres with the people we support
- Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance
We’re looking for volunteers who are:
- Enthusiastic about gardening
- Knowledgeable about growing fruit and veg
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Willing to commit to volunteer on a regular basis (exact times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Reasonable expenses may be reimbursed at the manager's discretion
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.