Are you confident with IT? Are you passionate about helping others?
We are looking for friendly and helpful people to volunteer with our Learning and Development Team!
This includes supporting employees with the completion of E-learning modules and Classroom based training and may include supporting someone with any of the following support needs: dyslexia, hearing or visual impairments, literacy support, language barriers or difficulties using IT.
Your location can be flexible as the role would involve travelling within your local area to meet with the members of staff needing your help.
Activities will include:
- Attending a one day induction and completing training modules to get a full understanding of Dimensions and our model of support
- Supporting employees to complete online training via Learning Connect, our interactive online learning platform (eg reading/guiding throug questions and answers)
- Supporting individuals during classroom based training
- Supporting people to use IT equipment
- Travelling to Dimensions offices within your region
- Travelling to public places within your region that can provide a suitable learning environment (such as internet cafes)
- Working with practical assessment tools such as flashcards
- Supporting the completion of the online Care Certificate
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK, helping them to live more independently and be involved in their local communities. Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Reasonable expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in volunteer development and the health and social care sector
- The first to be involved in our work, for example autism friendly partnerships
- Gaining experience in marketing, admin, event planning and workshops
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on 'Apply with Charity Job' below.