Do you enjoy swimming? Would you like to provide company, fun and friendship with a person we support during his swimming sessions?
Activities will include:
- Joining a gentleman we support in the water
- Helping to ensure he is safe and having fun
- Providing chat and friendship
Activities will NOT include: Physically supporting the person to swim, personal care, medication or financial assistance
There will always be trained support workers present at the pool with you.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Confident in the water
- Friendly, polite and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism (experience desired, but not essential)
- Willing to commit to volunteer on a regular basis (exact times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs.