We are looking for a friendly volunteer to attend church gentleman we support on Sundays, followed by a visit to the pub for a drink!
You do not have to be a person of faith, just an open person looking to make a positive contribution to the life of the person they will support.
Activities will include:
- Arranging to attend church with the gentleman on a Sunday morning (eg weekly, biweekly, monthly)
- Pushing the person we support in a wheelchair
- Sharing the enjoyment of attending church
- Visiting the pub for a drink after church
Activities will NOT include: Personal care or medication
We are looking for someone who is:
- Friendly, polite and enjoys chatting with people
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly
- Able to safely push a wheelchair (training can be provided)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs.