“Debbie”, a lady we support in the Yarburgh area, would love someone to visit, offering friendship and chat over a cup of tea.
We are looking for a volunteer who knows British Sign Language and / or Makaton sign, who would like to make a real difference by supporting the team in building "Debbie's" communication and interactions.
Activities will include:
- Communicating with British sign language and/or Makaton sign
- Getting to know your buddy.
- Being a friendly and open person.
- Sharing activities in the home such as having a cup of tea and a bite to eat
Activities will NOT include: Personal care or medication.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable with using British sign language and/or Makaton sign
- Friendly, polite and a good listener
- Comfortable communicating with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.