If you enjoy driving and want to help your community, this could be the perfect role for you!
We are looking for two friendly drivers to volunteer with two ladies we support in the Southbourne area.
You would be making a real difference to their lives by enabling them to attend the activities and services that are important to them.
Activities will include:
- Driving the people we support in a supplied mobility car between their home and services in a safe manner, in accordance with UK law.
- Assisting the person in and out of vehicles and locations – with assistance from trained Dimensions staff.
- Driving in a manner that is sensitive of physical and emotional requirements of the people we support.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Has a valid UK Driving License (or equivalent)
- Is aged 21 or over with at least 2 years driving experience
- Has the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in relation to journeys
- Is friendly, reliable and has good punctuality
- Is willing to volunteer regularly (exact times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.