Are you a friendly, chatty person looking to make a difference in your community?
Do you enjoy the freedom of driving and exploring new places?
We are looking for a friendly driver to volunteer with three people we support who live in the Aldershot area. You'll get to meet some amazing people, whilst making a real difference to their lives by helping them to attend their activities and appointments.
The volunteer will be asked to drive a Ford Transit van which has been converted to accommodate wheelchairs. The people we support will be always accompanied by their support workers during all journeys.
Activities will include:
- Driving the people we support between their home and services in a safe manner, in accordance with UK law.
- Assisting the person in and out of vehicles and locations – with assistance from trained Dimensions staff.
- Driving in a manner that is sensitive of physical and emotional requirements of the people we support.
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for a volunteer who:
- Has a valid UK Driving License (or equivalent)
- Is aged 21 or over with at least 2 years driving experience
- Has the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in relation to journeys
- Is friendly, reliable and has good punctuality
- Is willing to commit to volunteer regularly so that the people we support are able to get into a routine (exact times/days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.