Activities will include:
- Driving the people we support between their homes and services in a safe manner, in accordance with UK law.
- Driving a mobility / lease vehicle (which may be wheelchair adapted).
- Assisting people we support in and out of vehicles and locations – with assistance from trained Dimensions staff.
- Driving in a manner that is sensitive of physical and emotional requirements of the people we support.
This is a flexible role where you'll get to meet some amazing people, whilst making a realdifference to their lives by enabling them to attend the activities and appointments that are important to them.
We're looking for drivers who:
- Have a full, clean and current UK Driving License (or equivalent)
- Are aged 21 or over, with at least 2 years driving experience
- Have the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in relation to journeys
- Are comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Are willing to commit to volunteer regularly (times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs.