Do you enjoy driving?
Would you like to make a difference to the people we support in your community?
We are looking for friendly drivers to join us!
You will meet some amazing people, whilst making a positive impact to their lives by helping them get to the activities and appointments that are important to them.
Activities will include:
- Driving the people we support in their own mobility vehicles
- Driving the people we support between their homes and services in a safe manner, in accordance with UK law.
- Driving around the Minsterley area, which will be the start and end point of the majority of journeys
- Assisting people we support in and out of vehicles and locations – with assistance from trained Dimensions staff.
- Driving in a manner that is sensitive of physical and emotional requirements of the people we support.
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for drivers who are:
- Over age of 25, with at least 2 years driving experience
- Hold a full, clean and current UK Driving License (or equivalent)
- Have the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in relation to journeys
- Are friendly with the people we support and our support staff
- Are willing to commit to volunteer regularly (times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.