Do you enjoy going out in the evening to socialise? We are looking for a friendly volunteer buddy to join a person we support in the evenings for activities that you both enjoy!
Activities will include:
- Going to evening social clubs, such as pool club or church group, with a person we support
- Chatting and getting to know new people
- Helping to ensure the person supported is safe and having fun!
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or managing finances
We are looking for someone who is:
- Friendly, polite and enjoys chatting with people
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times and days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer buddy, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on 'Apply now' below.