"Hi - I live in Peasedown St John and I am supported by Dimensions. I have Downs Syndrome and love to play football. I am looking for a friendly, funny volunteer driver to help me get to my football practice on Tuesday evenings. I need to be in Keysham for 7pm then supported to return home after.”
If you are passionate about football, this volunteering opportunity could be the perfect way to spend your time doing something you love, whilst making a friend along the way!
Activities will include:
- Driving the person we support to football practice on Tuesday evenings
- Being there throughout the session with the enthusiasm to get involved!
- Offering support and ideas for new football activities
- Providing friendship and football fun!
- Activities will NOT include: Personal care or medication
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is active and enjoys football and sports
- Is aged 21+ and is a driver with a full, clean and current UK driving licence (or equivalent)
- Has a road worthy vehicle, with up to date road tax and MOT
- Is friendly, sociable and reliable
- Is willing to commit to volunteer regularly on a Tuesday evening
- Is comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism (experience desired, but not essential)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.