We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to help raise funds for a variety of projects which will enable people with learning disabilities and autism to experience new and exciting opportunities!
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who would like to develop a career in fundraising or business development within the third sector; and an excellent way to develop your skills and experience of income generation.
Activities will include:
- Volunteering alongside two Locality managers to raise funds for a variety of projects
- Research and sourcing ideas for fundraising
- Planning and project managing ideas
- Locating avenues of potential funding and partnership working
- Getting people engaged and spreading enthusiasm!
Activities will NOT include: Any direct volunteering with the people we support
We are looking for someone who is:
- Friendly, enthusiastic and enjoys talking to people
- IT Literate and confident to bring fresh ideas
- Willing to commit to at least one day a week
- Interested in making life better for people with learning disabilities and autism.
Two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Dimensions provides support for around 3,500 people with learning disabilities and autism across the UK.
We help them to live more independently and be involved in their local communities.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.