Are you a green fingered gardener? Can you create lovely green spaces with your cutting and pruning skills? Then read on …
We are looking for keen gardeners who enjoy being outdoors, to volunteer alongside the people we support to develop a range of gardening skills and a love for gardening!
Activities will include:
- Developing and maintaining our gardens
- Volunteering alongside the people we support to help them take part in gardening activities such as potting, propagation, growing and garden maintenance.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has good gardening skills and knowledge
- Friendly and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
- Willing to commit to volunteer regularly
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.