Do you have a passion for health and wellbeing, with interests in nutrition and healthy eating?
Do you enjoy motivating others?
You will buddy a person we support to help them to improve their health and wellbeing, talk about healthy eating and check in with them, giving encouragement for a healthy lifestyle.
You will also make a lovely friend along the way!
Activities will include:
- Having regular phone or video calls with the lady we support
- Engaging with the lady we support to provide help and motivation to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Acting as a role model and signpost your buddy to helpful groups and services.
- Joining in with your buddy and being company for them along the way.
- Once lockdown restrictions lifts: Visiting your buddy in person and keeping in touch over the phone or video calls.
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Interested in health and wellbeing, preferably with skills or knowledge in nutrition and healthy eating in particular
- Comfortable with using either phone or video calls (eg Teams, Zoom)
- Able to motivate and engage others into healthier eating habits
- Friendly, enthusiastic and a good listener
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be agreed)
- Welcome to the idea of face-to-face volunteering with your buddy once restrictions are lifted
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Dimensions is managing Covid-19
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Dimensions is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.