Do you like socialising and going to the pub? A young gentleman we support in Stafford would love to have a male companion to socialise with!
“Hi - I live in Stafford and I am supported by Dimensions. I have Downs Syndrome and love to socialise and meet new people. I am looking for a friendly volunteer to join me in the activities I enjoy. I especially love live music, seeing bands play, going to local gigs, and joining social clubs”
This could be the perfect way to give your time, have fun and make friends along the way.
Activities will include:
- Being there for company, friendship and fun
- Going to the pub, seeing live bands and meeting new people
- Socialising in the local area
- Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Ideally a driver but not essential
- Friendly and enthusiastic.
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Reliable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be agreed when we meet you)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!
Simply click on Apply with Charity Jobs below.