Do you like running and keeping active? A person we support in Hemel Hempstead is a running fan and would love having someone to run with!
Activities will include:
- Running with and getting to know your buddy
- Arranging regular runs together, eg weekend park run
- Offering support and friendly competition when running
- Providing friendship and fun, eg maybe a refreshing drink together after running
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable with and good at running
- Friendly, chatty and a good listener
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
What you’ll gain from being a Dimensions volunteer:
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
- Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Dimensions volunteer buddy, we’d love to hear from you! Simply click on 'Apply now' below.